Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What's in a Name?

At 20 weeks, we found out we're having a boy. We found out on my birthday no less, how cool is that?

His room is almost ready and we've already bought him a ton of little outfits - we couldn't help ourselves, we were so excited. K is looking forward to having a son, and there are lots of other little baby boys that we know right now, so he's going to have no shortage of playmates as he grows up.

Baby names are interesting things - I've always felt that children live up to their names. My stepmom pointed out how important names are to God too, and I never really thought about it that way before, but she's right. There are many times in the bible where God either changes some one's name, or identifies a name for a child before he is born.

With this in mind, we've decided to name him Ethan - it means Strong. And he is already living up to it, even before being born. He kicked early, and K got to feel him kick earlier than normal for a first baby.

I'm 27 weeks now and there is no doubting that there is a baby on the way. People don't hesitate to ask now like they did a couple months ago - a couple months ago, it wasn't apparent if there was a baby on the way, or if I was just "eating too much pie" as the security guy at work said.

K and I took a belly picture the other day and I'll be posting that as soon as I can accomplish the pairing up of my camera and my camera dock - one or the other has been at work while its mate is at home since we took the pictures.

No comments: